Houston, United States
over 1 year ago
Electrical Engineer intern shall be responsible for supporting the development and execution of Electrical work for packaging of Siemens small gas turbines, turbine driven units (compressors/ generators) and Motor driven compressors.
Pursuing Bachelors of Science in Electrical or Electronic engineering.
Knowledge and Skill
- Internship or previous working experience in an electrical engineering role.
- Good knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of electrical engineering.
- Basic knowledge of project management and good organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and create electrical drawings.
- Basic knowledge of electrical generator, medium voltage system, low voltage system.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team as well as acting autonomously as appropriate.
- Able to understand the basis of single line diagrams for medium and low voltage systems to support on the development of electrical schematics and assemblies.
- Understand the electrical scope for the project.
- Basic understanding of electrical systems and protections for motors and generators.
- Basic experience in software programming for PLC or similar industrial controller.
- Basic Knowledge of industry standards, specially the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Engineer intern shall review Siemens internal specifications and provide comments and feedback.
- Shall support on developing electrical diagrams and procedure documents.
- Shall support production during the construction and testing.
- Engineer intern shall be verifying designs are compliant with applicable codes, standards and safety regulations.
- Support in writing test procedures, user manuals and technical proposals.
- Be part of kick off and design review meetings.
- Basic knowledge of Siemens and Allen Bradley automation products would be a plus.