Houston, United States
over 1 year ago
Control Systems Engineer intern shall be responsible for supporting the development and execution of Automation & Controls work for packaging of Siemens small gas turbines, turbine driven units (compressors/ generators) and Motor driven compressors.
Pursuing Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Electronic or Automation engineering.
Knowledge and Skill
- Internship or previous working experience in an electrical, control or automation engineering role.
- Good knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of instrumentation and control engineering.
- Good organizational skills.
- Analytical and quantitative abilities with excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to read, interpret and create electrical/control schematics.
- Basic knowledge of control, automation and industrial automation.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team as well as acting autonomously as appropriate.
- Able to understand the basis of Process and Instrumentation (P&IDs) to support on the development of control system schematics, wiring diagrams and loop diagrams.
- Understand the controls scope for the project.
- Basic understanding of networking diagrams.
- Basic experience in software programming for PLC or similar industrial controller.
- Basic understanding of PLC programming using ladder logic, statement text, function blocks and CFCs.
- Basic Knowledge of industry standards such as ATEX, CE, IEC, NEC, API, etc.
- Engineer intern shall review Siemens internal specifications and provide comments and feedback.
- Shall support on developing cause & effects matrix, function block diagrams and control narratives documents.
- Shall support production during the construction and testing.
- Engineer intern shall be verifying designs are compliant with applicable codes, standards and safety regulations.
- Support in writing test procedures, user manuals and technical proposals.
- Basic knowledge of Siemens and Allen Bradley automation products would be a plus.
- Support in the development of operator interface using HMI products for Siemens Small Gas Turbine product line.