Houston, United States
over 1 year ago
- To design and develop mechanical systems for gas turbine and compressor packages based on detailed customer requirements.
- Ensures that the highest engineering standards are maintained within the mechanical engineering department during the design and manufacture of these products.
- Reports to the mechanical engineering manager
- The role extends beyond traditional mechanical activities and covers process, instrumentation, structural, piping, and hazard analysis (HAZOP and HSE) aspects of the system design/assembly.
- Ability to learn and understand gas turbine, compressor, and process system designs from a mechanical standpoint. Integrates those systems with electrical and controls systems. This includes lube oil, fuel gas, and seal gas systems.
- Reviews the drafting/design team on the creation of contract P&IDs, bills of materials, and part assemblies.
- Supports production in the assembly of equipment by redlining drawings.
- Learns and performs technical calculations for a project.
- Provides technical/field service support through the end of warranty and handover to service.
- Interfaces with customers in a professional fashion.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum two years towards a B.S. in an engineering related field. ME major preferred.
- Fluent in the English language
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel). Knowledge of VBA, Hysys, Matlab, FEA, or any rotordynamics software is a plus.