Orlando, United States
24 days ago
Title: Risk and Internal Controls Intern (Consulting/Assurance function)
Benefits of having an internship with our department Risk and Internal Control (RIC) is an assurance function which reports to the executives of Siemens in the US. As an intern, you will be part of a dynamic team whose main objectives are to provide transparency to the executive management within the region over the effectiveness of its internal controls. While working in this department, you will have the unique opportunity to obtain a comprehensive overview on how a Fortune 500 international conglomerate manages its risks through internal controls, establishing a solid foundation for your future career. You will be supporting a team of internal control specialists who are responsible for managing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls across all businesses and corporate functions. You will come in close contact with a wide range of processes, including but not limited to Accounting, Procurement, Sales, HR, Taxes, Legal, EHS, Quality Management, Project Management and other areas. You will gain a deeper understanding on how to identify key risks, why they are so important and how to potentially prevent them as you enter new roles within the company in the future. Lastly, we offer our interns the unique opportunity to interact with all levels of management, support functions and even other regions - all of which is great exposure for their career!
This position is ideal for someone who has the following:
- Preferably senior in college, BA, Finance or Accounting degree
- Strong Power Point and Excel (e.g. VLOOKP, automation formulas, macros)
- Strong communication / presentation skills
- Process minded
- Consulting-like (ability to present and convince key stakeholders to come to a common solution)
- Motivated team player (think outside of the box)
Your tasks will be to Support the head of department and the internal control specialists with:
- Defining scope and applicability of key controls
- Ensuring coverage of all risk attributes for applicable control requirements (including helping to get them updated in our central database).
- Driving Deficiency Remediation through regular monitoring and updating on the status.
- Consulting process owners in process improvement projects under the supervision of the Internal Control Specialist.
- Preparing assessments and helping to track the status of testing.
- Perform quality checks on assessment results.
- Preparing slides with overviews of key information.
- Developing efficiency and automation projects, e.g. creating tools, video tutorials on RIC methodology (part of YouTube like training concept), etc.