Orlando, United States
over 1 year ago
Summary of Assignment:
In this position the visualization and analysis digitalization Intern integrates unit configuration, service history, operating conditions and market data to create financial and dispatch calculators. The individual must understand a wide variety of information and rapidly assemble it; cleanse it; and use it within simple to complex calculations. The intern will participate in Agile software development as well as ad hoc fast response analysis.
This internship allows for the learning and development in the following areas:
- Exposure to the workings of the Power and Utilities markets
- An understanding of how both Siemens Energy and its customers make money
- Input into visualization and data decisions
- Data visualization techniques using Tableau
- Exposure to cloud computing Analytics
- Agile project management working environment
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Excel and/or database skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to understand a wide variety of information and rapidly assemble it; cleanse it; and use it within simple to complex calculations
- Basic knowledge of Tableau
- Willingness or demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Must have excellent Excel and/or database skills as well as knowledge of Tableau and/or other visualization tools.
- Knowledge of statistics is required with either a background in or willingness to learn artificial intelligence, time-series analysis, and optimization.
- Must be able to collaborate with other in the group and operate in a collaborative setting.