about 1 year ago
- Duration: 10-Sep-2019 - 20-Dec-2019
- Department:CIS Engineering
- MSP Contact:Rashaad Reid
- Workforce Logiq E-mail:Rashaad.Reid@coxautoinc.com
- Education Level:High School Graduate/GED
- Background Check Reqd:Yes
- Drug Screening Reqd:Yes
- PeopleSoft Job Classification:IT
- Category Name:Windows Systems Engineer I
- Actual Submissions: 1
- Max Submits Per Supplier:2
The Windows Systems Engineer supports ongoing activities related to Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, VMWare, and related technologies. Part of a team, he or she collaborates with colleagues to evaluate, design, deploy, and maintain infrastructure systems to establish and enhance core server and compute services. The Windows Systems Engineer applies approved standards and best practices to ensure that robust services are available, extensible, and operate efficiently to meet business needs.
- Design, deploy and maintain Windows servers, physical and virtual.
- Configure servers to integrate with other infrastructure components, such as DNS, Active Directory, monitoring and patching tools.
- Analyze, research, track, and resolve security vulnerabilities reported about Windows and VMWare software.
- Meet with customers, peers and managers to evaluate and understand business requirements.
- Document, diagram, and report on relevant information pertaining to progress and recommendations for system implementations, utilization, and issues.
- Support team leads, architects and managers to deliver comprehensive design, planning and cost proposals that meet or exceed business requirements.
- Collaborate with team members, colleagues, consultants and vendors to resolve errors and issues that occur in an enterprise environment.
- Troubleshoot and assist others with root cause analysis and reporting.
- Work independently and collaboratively, as appropriate, assigned to tasks or projects.
- Provide clear, concise and timely accounting of work efforts and status of tasks.
- Other related duties as required and/or requested by management.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, equivalent certification or experience.
· Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience designing, implementing, and managing enterprise class Windows server infrastructure.
· Strong foundational experience with the Microsoft Windows Server operating system and VMWare ESX, including fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
· Demonstrable knowledge with systems management tools, such as vCenter, Microsoft System Center and Dell Open Manage.
· Demonstrable knowledge of Powershell scripting and task automation - Experience with PowerCLI, Python, or Ansible is also a plus.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, including computer objects, security groups, organizational units, group policies, and integrated domain name services.
· Strong Excel skills, including formulas, functions, and charts - Experience with pivot tables is a plus.
· AWS or Azure experience is a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.