Saint Rose, United States
8 months ago
Responsible for the execution of service schedules including routine servicing, inspection, and up sell to successfully complete projects while exceeding customer's expectations. The Fire Sprinkler Inspector combines working knowledge of technical/professional principles and concepts with in depth knowledge of team objectives. Ensures the quality and service of self and others.
Perform fire protection inspections and preventive maintenance services on Fire Alarm systems, Security Systems and Automatic Sprinkler Systems. Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality inspections. Perform routine inspections, testing, servicing, and preventative maintenance of Sprinkler and life safety systems.Completes Service Orders with proper coding through communication devices, such as laptop computers and/or hard copy. Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule. Input, retrieve and archive inspection documentation program via the laptop computer. Make minor repairs while under direct authorized supervision. Complete assigned inspections on time. Perform other duties as assigned. Occasional out of town work is required. Maintain professional, timely, communication with customers to assure problem resolution. Organize and effectively utilize technical resources, information, material, and support to assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks. Complete and submit all required task-related, activity, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner. High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years experience in service, installation, inspections, sales or management in the fire sprinkler industry.
- Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components. Strong working knowledge of life safety and local and national NFPA codes.
- Fire pump and/or fire backflow prevention device inspection and testing experience highly desired.
- Experience with fire alarm systems is preferred. Knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems and basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities is a plus
- NICET Level II Certificated in Sprinkler Inspection and Testing.
- Must hold a current RME-I license.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers to include Windows and Excel
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings. Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds. Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, tasks, and duties. Ability to complete assigned tasks and special projects with minimal supervision or direction.
- Must be able to communicate in the English language both in oral and written format. Must have excellent communications skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- May be required to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.