Phoenix, United States
4 months ago
Siemens is seeking an entry level Fire Alarm, Fire Sprinkler Inspector to join our Phoenix, Az team. This role is crucial to the success of our operations team, providing support in a variety of ways to ensure that our customers systems provide a safe environment in their buildings.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our companys success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then wed like to meet you!
- Performs inspections for new equipment installation, post-installed and/or third-party equipment.
- Implements a solution on inspection repairs for Commercial Fire & Life Safety Systems.
- Tests life safety systems and provides clear and timely documentation on the results.
- Assists with semi-complex equipment installation; installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and panels, (fastening in place with screws or bolts using hand tools and power tools) as needed per inspection findings.
- Participates in the verification of point database and ensures that programming operations are consistent with scope of inspection for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data (if required) to data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support when needed; resolves issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed.
- Assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings if needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Preferred experience: One year of experience in service, installation, inspections, sales or management in the fire alarm industry.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings. Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights when required.
- Must have excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in English, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Preferred education: AC/DC or Electronics schooling
- Other preferences:
- Joint Commission fluency.
- NICET II certification in fire alarm systems