Tarrytown, United States
12 months ago
Seeking an experienced, self-motivated Technical Writer to develop user assistance content for in vitro diagnostics instruments and software within the Siemens Healthineers, Laboratory Diagnostics, Global Engineering Organization, User Interaction Design Department.
Demonstrated experience in conducting task and workflow analysis to guide content development is required. Experience using XML or structured Framemaker required. Knowledge of Product Labeling as defined by the FDA 21 CFR 809 or international regulatory organizations, as well as of agile development or scrum framework, is desirable but not required. A desire to work with a cross-functional team to improve the usability and understanding of laboratory diagnostics instruments is a must.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams in an agile software development environment.
- Analyzing the content workflow needs of customers to drive content development and information usability.
- Proactively identifying potential risks and opportunities for improvement in our products and deliverables.
- Developing, verifying, and managing content versions and reviews throughout the product lifecycle in collaboration with other writers, editors and project managers.
- Developing content consistent with company branding and style guidelines.
- Reading and understanding scientific and engineering information, design requirements, test specifications, product prototypes, and usability study results.
- Confirming content accuracy using software emulators or diagnostics instruments.
- Developing content with translation into other languages in mind.
- Understanding and implementing relevant procedures and work instructions within the company Quality Management System.
- Supporting audits and other regulatory investigations as appropriate.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Typically a minimum of 5-10 years of technical writing experience in a related field and successful demonstration of Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. This candidate should have a BS/BA in a related discipline or advanced degree. Demonstrated knowledge in task or workflow analysis as applied to user assistance content.