Mount Olive, United States
10 months ago
Seeking an experienced, self-motivated Technical Writer to develop user assistance content for in vitro diagnostics instruments and software within the Siemens Healthineers, Laboratory Diagnostics, R&D, User Interaction Design Department. This position may be in Flanders, NJ or Tarrytown, NY.
Experience developing content using XML or structured Framemaker required. Candidates should have experience in understanding user needs to develop user assistance for both software and hardware.
Knowledge of Product Labeling as defined by the FDA 21 CFR 809 or international regulatory organizations, as well as of agile development or scrum framework is beneficial but not required. A desire to work with a cross-functional team to improve the usability and understanding of laboratory diagnostics instruments is a must.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams in an agile software development environment.
- Developing, verifying, and managing content versions and reviews throughout the product lifecycle, under the guidance of a senior writer or project manager.
- Developing content consistent with company branding and style guidelines.
- Participating in scrum activities and sprints to manage tasks and track progress.
- Reading and understanding scientific and engineering information, design requirements, test specifications, product prototypes, and usability study results.
- Understanding user interaction and task workflows with software and hardware to drive the development of user assistance topics.
- Confirming content accuracy using software emulators or diagnostics instruments.
- Developing concept and task topics using XML to create user assistance and troubleshooting deliverables for laboratory diagnostic professionals.
- Developing content with translation into other languages in mind.
- Understanding and implementing relevant procedures and work instructions within the company Quality Management System.
- Supporting audits and other regulatory investigations as appropriate.
Team deliverables include operator's guides, quick guides, online help topics, release notes, and other technical publications for laboratory diagnostics technicians as well as for teams that configure connectivity to automation and to lab informatics software.
Education: Typically a minimum of 5-8 years of technical writing experience in a related field and successful demonstration of Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. This candidate should have a BS/BA in a related discipline.