Tarrytown, United States
over 1 year ago
Seeking an experienced, self-motivated Technical Writer to develop user assistance content for in vitro diagnostics instruments and software within the Siemens Healthineers, Laboratory Diagnostics, Global Engineering Organization, User Interaction Design Department.
Experience developing content using XML or structured Framemaker required. Knowledge of Product Labeling as defined by the FDA 21 CFR 809 or international regulatory organizations as well as of agile development or scrum framework is desirable but not required. A desire to work with a cross-functional team to improve the usability and understanding of laboratory diagnostics instruments is a must.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams in an agile software development environment.
- Developing, verifying, and managing content versions and reviews throughout the product lifecycle, under the guidance of a senior writer or project manager.
- Developing content consistent with company branding and style guidelines.
- Participating in scrum activities and sprints to manage tasks and track progress.
- Reading and understanding scientific and engineering information, design requirements, test specifications, product prototypes, and usability study results.
- Confirming content accuracy using software emulators or diagnostics instruments.
- Developing concept and task topics using XML to create user assistance and troubleshooting deliverables for laboratory diagnostic professionals.
- Developing content with translation into other languages in mind.
- Understanding the content workflow needs of customers.
- Understanding and implementing relevant procedures and work instructions within the company Quality Management System.
- Supporting audits and other regulatory investigations as appropriate.
Team deliverables include operator's guides, quick guides, online help topics, release notes, and other technical publications.
Experience and Education Typically 5-8 years of technical writing experience in a related field and successful demonstration of Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. This candidate should have a BS/BA in a related discipline or an advanced degree.