Leads the delivery of a complex IT project. Maintains a tactical focus. Sets clear objectives and defined deliverables. Develops cost benefit analyses for the project, communicates to an executive committee, creates and reports project status utilizing a dashboard, allocates resources, defines project governance policies and manages the financial concerns. Utilizes and effectively communicates technical components of an initiative to applicable parties. Ability to lead a cross-functional team while motivating team members to their highest potential. Requires excellent oral and written communication skills as well as business presentation skills. Excellent analytical skills. Interfaces effectively with all levels and across organizational lines, including the business units. Effectively utilizes external vendors and internal resources. Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines. Experience Level: BA or BS required plus minimum 4+ years of direct relevant experience. Technical Project Manager - Job Description.
As part of the Enterprise Shared Services Finance team, you'll have a direct impact on the success of this project by serving as the project manager and employing an agile process to the Buy to Pay function Services and Supplies Expense Project.
The primary work stream for this role is project management oversight and execution. You will be expected to understand the big picture and details which enables the team to deliver a strategic expenditure, forecasting and reporting capabilities within tight deadlines. You are a bridge and a connector for a myriad of stakeholders. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders. You build trust and credibility across the project participants. You are not afraid to be direct, but you act with empathy and integrity.
Primary objective of this initiative is to create a near real-time capability for identifying analyzing and reporting on supply and services spend. This tool will include direct linkage to existing budgeting and forecasting at all layers of the organization.
The existing TM1 platform will be leveraged for the associated budget data and will be integrated into a standardized and centralized repository/tool to support budgeting and forecasting needs.
The project will establish a dedicated data storage venue that will incorporate all sources of relevant data that will enable granular level of detailed analysis and reporting at all level of the organization (e.g. item level detail, by location, specialty, contract, category etc.)
The tool will enable historical and prospective analysis and GL based budgetary planning, modeling and comparison. The project will establish multiple reporting modalities (Excel, Cognos BI, Tableau, OBIEE, etc.) to respond to and service a variety of user groups. (e.g. KP Leadership, front line Supply Chain, Sourcing, NPC, Legal etc.) Close the loop between supply and services expenditures, usage and budgets to enable target setting and resulting appropriate budget reductions.
Technical Project Manager work includes the following:
* Project manage a complex and large-scale cross-functional initiative. Interface with technology and Buy to Pay teams to build a work plan, estimate work efforts, define timelines and milestones and required resources. Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders. Engage and energize the project teams to timely achieve aggressive goals.
* Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Drive results proactively.
* Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
* Help manage the cross-functional strategic planning and business planning process, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for sub track workstreams and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning and results).
* Implement continuous improvements to the project management process. Develop and share project progress in an agile framework, implementing tools, and best practices that demonstrate interim status/results of the work plan. Work with the project team to refine the sub projects requirements across functional technical and non-technical resources. Monitor allocation and capacity.
* Responsible for the project management of a range of activities. Activities managed include planning, performing, and implementing processes which ensure the initiative is on track and meeting expect