Painted Post, United States
over 1 year ago
Project Engineer Job Description
Supports the Project Manager for all technical aspects of the project to address the needs of the external customer (client) and the internal customers (Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management). Provide leadership to the project technical team to ensure that deliverables and milestones are met.
Collaborates directly with clients, suppliers, and manufacturing.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate engineering discipline or, a two year degree in a technical science with demonstrated, engineering-based experience deemed by management to be applicable to the requirements of the position.
- Able and willing to travel 20% of the time, domestic and international with short notice.
- Experience with API standards (614, 617, 670, 692)
- Working knowledge of process and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID)
- Experience with an ERP system such as SAP or Oracle.
- Finalize scope of supply purchased by our clients and translate this to internal stakeholders.
- Finalize and clarify codes, standards, and project specifications applicable to the assigned project and review design to ensure compliance.
- Define the requirements of major buyout (motor, gear, gas turbine, steam turbine, couplings, etc) equipment thru authoring of technical specifications, defining all requirements for this purchased equipment.
- Provide technical support and warranty account administration for equipment supplied by Dresser-Rand.
- Define internal and external document schedules, load into documentation database. Monitor progress and escalate and issues for resolution.
- Review for approval all client-issued documentation for accuracy and compliance to project requirements. This includes, but is not limited to: process and instrumentation diagrams, bills of material, wiring schematics, rotor dynamic reports, test agendas, inspection and test plans, and project schedules.
- Act as technical point of contact to external clients and provide timely responses and resolution to client queries for assigned projects.
- Lead and provide timely resolution for all internal technical queries on assigned projects.
- Evaluate and document customer change requests, establish cost/schedule/delivery impact for all changes, submit to project manager for approval and monitor implementation of said changes
- Coordinate all interfaces between engineering departments / customer and engineering departments / vendor(s)
- Manage internal engineering progress and vendor progress by timely revisions to job file and purchase technical specifications
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser Rand and no search fees will be paid.