PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position supports the work of the Strategic Planning Department in the development of the program-wide strategic plan. The individual will be responsible for a variety of ad-hoc research and analysis as well as synthesizing and framing information to support the strategic planning process.
* Provide analytical expertise and coordinate ad-hoc research and analytical projects
* Participate in development of strategic models which may include: assessment of market conditions, competitive pressures, business challenges and help surface key issues, risks, opportunities for our organization
* Plan and conduct in-depth and often multi-variant analyses on a variety of complex business projects/issues. Develop appropriate assumptions, analyze results and make recommendations, as well as articulate the rationale for the methodology chosen
* Research and synthesize information on strategic issues to inform the strategic planning team and broader organizational leaders and stakeholders
* Evaluate and interpret financial and other information and relate it to broader business implications
* Based on the strategic and business implications that emerge from analysis, lead the development and preparation of presentations on analysis and findings
* With direction of Strategic Plan team, ensure collaborative review of analysis and reports with key stakeholders to get broader and deeper perspective on issues, findings, etc.
* Prepare responses to urgent ad hoc and routine requests to meet the information requirements of strategic plan team and senior management
* Assist in preparing presentations and communicating analysis and results to senior leaders
* Responsible for working effectively with general direction and minimal supervision
* Bachelors degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Health Care Economics, Statistics (with a quantitative emphasis), or equivalent experience required. Masters degree highly preferred
* 7+ years of work experience analyzing, modeling and forecasting financial and operational data, including a thorough understanding of financial statement construction and analysis to include 5+ years of experience in consulting, project management required
* Prior health care experience is preferred; experience working at Kaiser Permanente is a plus
* Candidate must have the ability to relate financial information to the broader business. Strong financial and statistical analysis highly preferred.
* Excellent communication skills highly desirable
* Demonstrable experience in preparing presentations to financial and business leaders including Senior Management; Prior experience in directly working with and supporting senior executives is a plus
* Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced skill in Excel and Power Point, required
* Able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and to effectively work in a fast past environment
* Strong team player, experience working collaboratively as part of a team
* Knowledge of and commitment to the KP mission and model of care delivery
* The incumbent will be expected to exercise appropriate discretion with all of the confidential information that becomes available throughout his/her interaction with senior leadership
* Strong listening skills coupled with excellent presentation and business writing skills.
* Track record of successfully working in matrix reporting relationships, ability to interact effectively with all levels including senior management and highly articulate
* Able to work in a Labor/Management partnership environment
* Must have demonstrable expertise in modeling, analyzing and manipulating data
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to cultivate and maintain effective partnerships/working relationships, as well as influence
* Consistently demonstrate integrity, prudence, high energy, initiative, and self-confidence.
* Dedication to diversity
This position consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures. * Health care strategy consulting experience strongly preferred
* Familiarity with both outpatient (clinic) and inpatient (hospital) operations and utilization terminology required
* Familiarity with the Colorado health care competitive landscape preferred