Sacramento, United States
9 months ago
Siemens Sacramento, California rail manufacturing plant is a leader in providing rolling stock and related services. Its portfolio covers the full range of vehicles - including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, and passenger coaches, all built right here in the United States at a manufacturing plant powered almost entirely by a 2 MW solar installation. The Sacramento plant builds rolling stock from start to finish: design, engineering, car shells, trucks, electrical sub-assembly, final assembly and testing all while leveraging sustainable manufacturing practices.
The ECN Analyst (Engineering Services Specialist) has the primary responsibility of analyzing Engineering changes/documents and processing these changes in MRP/ERP-including loading bills of materials and setting up multilevel BOM structures as defined by the Engineering Department.
- Completes implementation and maintenance of Engineering Change Notices (ECOs), Redline Changes, Deviations, and Stop Orders for product improvements, repairs, and new product development.
- Manages the effective interaction between engineering, manufacturing, field operations and marketing to ensure all changes are documented for audit purpose (may include FDA, ISO, IEEE).
- Completes development of systems for and maintains engineering drawings and reproductions, project reports, specifications, product proposals and related documentation.
- Performs Document Control processes to ensure all Procedures are properly documented, updated as needed and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Input, update, maintain, and troubleshoot complex multilevel Engineering and Manufacturing bills of materials in MRP/ERP across several products, projects, and manufacturing areas.
- Create manufacturing parts lists for WIP and input WIP bills of materials in MRP/ERP based on Engineering Changes.
- Analyze and process Engineering Change Notices, Engineering documents, and Configuration Change requests.
- Create material master data in MRP/ERP-including purchasing and planning parameters.
- Create, Maintain, and update departments ISO procedures and internal department procedures.
Skills & Knowledge
- 2 years Configuration Management experience
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- MRP/ERP (SAP preferred)
- Phantom structures/BOMs
- Product Configuration Management
- Amount of travel with the position: 0%
- Team Oriented
- Positive Customer Service
- Type 40+ wpm with 10 key