Sacramento, United States
over 1 year ago
Mechanical Engineer Designer 4
Siemens Mobility Rail Division has an immediate opening for an experienced Mechanical Engineer / Designer at their Sacramento, California Facility. The candidate will have the ability to support the design and production of our Locomotives, Coach Cars and Light Rail trains. We are looking for professionals with the drive to work in the high paced rail industry to build new and innovative designs for our future vehicles.
In this role, you will assist the Engineering Department personnel to assure proper execution of the design, compliance with industry standards and customer specifications. Requires the ability to create complex parts, assemblies and bills of material. Must be detail oriented and take ownership of projects. Must be able to work independently on projects to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal supervision.
- Execute (individually or as member of an engineering team) customized production orders under minimum supervision, utilizing industry standards and best engineering practices.
- Provide drafting support to engineers on submittals, and as-built drawings. This includes the design of new components, modification of mechanical drawings, and incorporate field or customer-based changes.
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 5 or more years of similar work experience (preferred)
- Associate Degree in related field with 10 or more years of similar work experience
- PTC Creo 3.0 & 4.0 experience
- Will consider other modeling programs but the applicant will need to show examples of relatable experience and wiliness to learn PTC Creo 3.0 & 4.0
- Welded Steel Structures design,
- Large and small welded and/or bolted assemblies
- Mechanical Electrical integration
- Designing sheet metal parts
- Fiberglass and plastic part design
- Experience creating bill of materials
- Releasing parts using Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, interfacing with factory workers
- Experience with corrosion protection (ie. Paint, Powder Coat, anodizing, zinc plating)
- Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers, internal and external
- Creating work instructions
- Creating and presenting designs for internal and external design reviews
- AutoCad (2D models and drawings for legacy projects)
- PTC CREO 3.0 or 4.0 Sheet metal, piping, and or surfacing
- Windchill or similar Product Lifecycle Management software (PLM)
- SAP Experience (ECN, ECO, and ECR process)
Salary Range: 72k to 135k USD per year