Rothschild, United States
12 months ago
Mechanical Engineering Requisition
Water is a critical element in offshore, onshore, upstream and downstream activities within the oil and gas industry. Siemens Water Solutions addresses water and wastewater needs of the industry with a portfolio that includes physical and chemical separation, biological treatment, and complex hydrothermal technologies. We are looking for professional, talented individuals to help us address the needs of our oil and gas industry customers, now and in the future.
Responsible for the engineering and design of internally and externally manufactured equipment for the oil and gas industry. The Mechanical Engineer works with a project team to deliver equipment to projects in accordance with project specifications, schedules, and budgets. Accuracy, completeness, efficiency and timeliness in are highly emphasized.
- Piping Systems
- Pressure Vessels
- Structural Design
- Rotating Equipment
- Specification review, scope and Request For Quotation package preparation, technical review of quotations, preparing vendor and budget recommendations.
- Preparation of equipment Purchase Order Requests and Releases To Manufacturing
- Engineering of equipment items including, calculations and drawing review.
- Review of vendor submittal against project requirements
- Preparation of deliverables for transmittal to customers
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines contributing to the project.
- Review of customer comments and coordination or those comments to the project team and vendors.
In addition to having the engineering responsibilities listed, the successful candidate must be able to work well with others and be experienced at interfacing with clients and vendors. Must have the capability to manage and provide oversite to 3rd Party engineering and design resources. Must be able to travel internationally, including the Middle East and India.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Experience
Minimum of 5 years of experience of related to the responsibilities listed in the posting. Must have experience within the water treatment and oil and gas industry. Must be familiar with the high spec industrial market. The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Prepare pipe stress models, analysis, and reports utilizing Caesar II software for high alloy, high temperature pressure piping systems
- Prepare piping specifications and line schedules
- Apply ASME B31.3 to design of piping systems
- Specify and select valves
- Specify and select rotating equipment such as pumps and mixers
- Perform tank stress analysis and prepare stiffening design
- Perform FEA analysis
- Perform structural calculations for vessel supports and skid framing member selection
- Prepare pressure vessel designs in accordance with ASME Sec Vlll, Div. 1 using COMPRESS software
Full-time employment after a minimum six-month trial contract employment through Randstad Sourceright Flex Force. This position location is for Rothschild Wisconsin.