Portsmouth, United States
over 1 year ago
The Mechanical Engineer designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods.
This role collaborates closely with Mechanical Engineering to ensure appropriate product definition and design controls through 2D drawings and 3D cad support.
- Create 2D drawings for select components and assemblies
- Provide 3D CAD support to the Mechanical Engineering team.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Bachelors of Science degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years mechanical design experience and/or 5+ years of drafting experience
- Experience with 3D CAD/NX
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining and casting.