North Barrington, United States
4 months ago
Description Position Overview
Ultrasound of Siemens Medical Solutions USA is seeking a self-driven and highly motivated senior software engineering consultant to be an integral part of our Applications development team. The candidate will be working in Hoffman Estates, IL facility.
- Software Design Specifications - Write and review design specifications for new product features.
- Applications development - Design, implement, review and test medical imaging applications and platforms for Ultrasound domain.
- Requirements Reviews - Participate in reviews of requirement specifications to ensure feasibility.
- Peer Reviews - Conduct and participate in peer reviews to ensure product quality.
- Report Status - Regularly Update management on progress and delays encountered during development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required. Masters degree a plus.
- 5+ years of software development experience preferably in a medical device or other regulated product development organization.
- Excellent understanding of application programming and experience using .NET, WCF, C#, MFC and C++ is required.
- Experience with Siemens syngo platform is a plus.
- Exceptional knowledge and proven experience with Object Oriented design and development.
- Intimate understanding of Agile software lifecycles and sound software engineering practices. The ideal candidate will have worked on all phases of a product from concept to delivery. Experience with TFS a plus.
- Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- Able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment to produce optimal results.
- Strong analytic and decision-making skills.
- Strong quality orientation and customer focus.