Minnetonka, United States
about 1 year ago
(PVSS / WinCC OA developer)
This position involves working on projects for the Metropolitan Transit Authoritys New York City Transit, which operates one of the most dynamic and complex subway systems in the world - and one of the very few subway systems which truly run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This creates many exciting challenges for our team, as we support NYCT in this undertaking on a daily basis.
This is a software developer role using a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system. You will contribute to new designs, create software and hardware specifications, schematics and design documents for a complex system. You should also have a sense of ownership through all stages of a project up to and including final customer review and sign-off. You will also have an ample opportunity to not just develop software but also design parts of it and be assigned as the owner of tasks within very complex software development projects.
The support part of the role is likely to take less than 10% of your time, and you will be deep diving into complex systems defects or performance problems and resolving incidents, interacting indirectly with the customer. Ideally you will gain a high level of system awareness and will understand how to implement fixes to the complex system to prevent future issues.
Responsible for Automation, interface with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA). Skilled at software project phases for railways systems, from requirements management to design conception, development, tests and commissioning. Engineering skills: Development of Human Machine Interface (HMI) using Siemens WinCC OA; Configuration and/or testing of networks including multicast. Gateway configuration and SCADA interface; Conception of network architecture and communication setup of Ethernet switches, Servers, station controllers; Technical proposals, Bill of Materials, Reports, Documentation, Training, Factory and onsite Tests and Commissioning.
- Bachelors degree or foreign equivalent in Software/System Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of experience in the job offered or similar occupation
- Must have at least 2 years of software development in the previous job
Further detailed requirements:
- Understand C, C++, Java, python and shell scripts, and be able to program in many of these
- Be familiar with a range of debugging and network analyzer tools for Windows
- Be familiar with the Windows command shell, Unix shell.
- Experience with a version control system. Ability to learn GIT if this is not what you use.
- Exposure to relational databases & PL/SQL, and basic Oracle database architecture, Oracle 10G - 12c database servers and windows clients.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system internals or ability to learn
- Knowledge of Windows:
- Windows Server (2012) and Desktop OS (7-10) , and Active Directory
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Knowledge of VMware or great knowledge of virtualization concepts and ability to learn: vSphere (ESXi, VCenter,Workstation)
Good to have:
- Be willing to work with legacy operating systems
- Experience with SCADA systems
- Knowing PL/SQL and Oracle 10g databases including RAC
- Previous C++ / Java developer project experience
- Good sense of how to integrate tools (Jenkins, Zabbix, you name it) into our workflow, and good software engineering practices working with teams in different cities
- 5+ years experience as a Systems/Software Engineer with basic network knowledge (including multicast)
- Software testing experience (Factory acceptance tests, system validation test)