Newark, United States
4 months ago
Performs complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, implementation, and support of software. Completes the development of software test requirements for complex modules under development, executes complex test specifications. Completes estimates for complex modules under development, and estimates own work. Performs reviews of complex customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements. Performs presentations of complex technical findings and developments. Completes the software quality process through the execution of complex module, subsystem and system test procedures.
LIMS Software Engineer will support all of Consumables Manufacturing at Glasgow for testing data related issues. This position interacts with chemists, chemical technicians, QC technicians, QA administrative clerks, Inventory operators, and IT personnel (including hardware and software resources). The nature of these interactions include answering questions, acquiring system requirements, troubleshooting LIMS problems, attending/facilitating meetings, coordinating software application setups, software validations and training. The LIMS Software Engineer will be responsible for performing changes to instrument data extractors written in VBA and Oracle queries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS 1. Participate in the development of software system function requirements. 2. Provides guidance on Requirement documents for LIMS changes 3. Performs validations on LIMS changes using requirements/test case documents. 4. Designs user training procedures and conducts user trainings as necessary. 5. Design testing template for all new methods in LIMS 6. Coordinates changes with system programmers. 7. Modifies data base to support technical projects 8. Maintain LIMS tables that support data processing. 9. Creates and monitors LIMS user accounts 10. Creates LIMS based Certificate of Analysis (COA) templates. 11. Create and update testing worksheets (SOPs)
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Working to drive adoption of organizational and/or system related changes to achieve desired business results, including greater utilization and higher proficiency.
- Acting as a change mentor for business owners and employees helping them transition through the change process.
- Incumbent is responsible for understanding and complying with Siemenss Standards for Business.
- Conduct and is always expected to conduct themselves and their work activities in an ethical manner.
- You will be responsible for understanding the Quality Management System (QMS).
- You will be expected to work safely and follow established safety policies and procedures.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelors Degree in computer science
- Intermediate understanding of MS Office 2010
- At least 2 years of experience as Business Analyst on Healthcare industry.
- At least 2 years of experience working as software developer using relational databases (preferable Oracle).
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (Preferable Sample Manager) is a plus.
- Intermediate understanding of VBA is a plus
- VGL knowledge is a plus.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.