Bee Caves, United States
over 1 year ago
On highways, down inner city streets, through tunnels and railway crossings, travels an endless stream of cars, trains, buses. Traffic is a complex, nonstop challenge for major city centers and small communities alike. Coordinating traffic, staying on top of its ebbs and flows, is a complex, demanding task for emergency support personnel, city planners and transportation system operators everywhere.
The burden of this task is bringing about significant challenges to the way traffic is managed. Very soon vehicles will communicate with the roadway. Autonomous vehicles are appearing on the road today. At Siemens we are building customer specific solutions to meet this future now.
As a Software Engineer at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) you will be responsible for shaping this future, by designing and developing software for a unique customer-specific traffic management system to support a major urban area in the United States. This system interacts with the connected field devices (e.g. traffic controllers, UPS, detectors, etc.) supports the complex decision-making tasks, and controls and optimizes traffic in this major metropolitan area. All the while working to protect drivers, pedestrians, cyclists, and improve travel times.
You will be part of a small dedicated team (~5-6), working for Siemens while also working directly with the client to meet their needs in an AGILE approach. This solution will offer you the opportunity to build your experience in ITS, while developing leading edge solutions for this market at the same time.
At Siemens we make life better for people, and at Siemens ITS we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American drivers daily by making traffic flow safely and efficiently.
Features and responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing exciting new features for our evolving flagship products
- Exhibit the personality of one who desires to be part of a dynamic AGILE software team in a highly collaborative environment
- Participating in the planning, estimating, and executing of work packages within the framework of a modern iterative software development process
- Participating in reviewing customers' standards, specifications and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements
Required technical skill set:
- Background in C++ programming (2+ years)
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of HTML, XML, and XSL technologies
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of OOD (object-oriented design)
- BS/BA in a related discipline, or advanced degree. Typically 2+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Desired technical skill set:
- Experience in C#, WPF, and .NET Technology
- Experience programming integrating with 3rd party solutions
- Familiarity with Java and database design a plus
- Experience with client-server systems and distributed software design
Soft skill set:
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills to function within an AGILE team setting, fostering collaboration with developers, testers, and stakeholders. As well as communication with the customer to understand his needs
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.