Plainsboro, United States
over 1 year ago
Division: Corporate Technology Business Unit: Corporate Technology Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton Assignment Category: Full-time regular Experience Level: Entry level Education Required Level: Master's Degree Travel Required: 0%
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we are a strategic partner to Siemens operative units and provide important services along the entire value chain - from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented research.
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make peoples lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether youre helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology youll be working in the heart of Siemens technological research together with the best.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer (3D Geometry) for our Princeton, NJ location. The successful candidate will work with the Product Design, Modeling and Simulation Research Group to develop robust solutions to real-world problems. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
- Apply state of the art software engineering principles to develop software applications. Design and implement algorithms for 3D geometric processing.
- Work with stakeholders to review and understand application requirements, standards and other documentation, and deliver high-quality solutions on time.
- Provide estimates for modules under development and estimate own work.
- Complete the development of software test requirements for modules under development.
- Adhere to the software quality process through the execution of test procedures.
- Present technical findings and developments.
- Contribute to innovation in the area of geometry processing by generating novel patentable ideas and solutions.
What skills are needed to qualify for this position?
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, 2+ years of related experience.
- Experience in working with one or more geometry types including polygon meshes, voxels, point clouds, subdivision surfaces, B-splines, analytical surfaces, and implicit surfaces.
- Demonstrated excellence developing C++ applications for Windows environments using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Excellent programming skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++.
- Good familiarity with Qt based GUI
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US --Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries.