Norwood, United States
over 1 year ago
The successful candidate will apply scientific principles and technical knowledge to develop and test amperometric biosensors and ion selective electrodes for point of care in vitro diagnostic applications. A wide range of analytical chemistry, electrochemistry and biochemical methodologies will be employed to support the sensor development work.
Day to day activities will include conducting research, data analysis and process development studies to support R&D feasibility and verification/validation project phases. The successful candidate will solve technical problems of high to moderate complexity, lead troubleshooting efforts to determine root causes for failures and customer complaints, and design and conduct DOE experiments to support development of improved sensor formulations and to enhance sensor quality and performance.
The position will involve close collaboration with R&D reagent scientist colleagues and providing technical leadership to manufacturing personnel during product transfer to Production. The Staff Scientist will participate in departmental and cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or improved products and will contribute to the design and development of next generation platforms. Additional duties include maintaining a laboratory notebook, writing technical reports, internal protocols and SOPs, and keeping up to date with advances in the clinical diagnostics field.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Excellent working knowledge of amperometric and potentiometric sensors for diagnostic applications
- Working knowledge of electrochemical analytical techniques
- Experience with enzyme stabilization and immobilization technologies
- Experience with polymer synthesis
- Working knowledge of polymer chemistry and material science
- Proven track record of sensor development
- Experience in process development, DOEs and transfer to manufacturing
- Excellent quantitative skills and working knowledge of simple and complex statistics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Develop biosensors from pre-development through product release
- Extensive lab work designing and executing experiments, and analyzing resultant data.
- Transfer sensor designs from R&D to Manufacturing
- Document sensor development efforts for DHF and IP
M.S. in chemistry, analytical chemistry, electrochemistry, material science or a related field with minimum of 7 years applicable industry experience in the medical diagnostics field focusing on product development; or Ph.D. with a minimum of 5 years industry experience.