Norwood, United States
about 1 year ago
Senior Medical Device Optics Engineer
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of the entire medical device product life cycle, from initial concept through to design and commercialization. You will be working closely with colleagues from a multitude of disciplines, so it is crucial that you are able to effectively liaise with colleagues.
This role will come with senior / lead responsibilities, so it is important that candidates have prior experience at this level. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, yet a strong team player, with an innovative spirit and the drive to make a difference. We expect you to have a strong understanding of optical engineering principles, spectroscopy, and lasers. A basic understanding of mechanical and/or electrical engineering principles is a plus.
- Designs and evaluates sophisticated apparatus
- Designs and performs critical experiments and/or engineering studies
- Coordinates various engineering tasks
- Evaluates components and/or apparatus with respect to suitability and cost
- Contacts sources of information and/or equipment both outside and in-house
- Translates the demands of the project or programs into specific engineering tasks
- Prepares and is accountable for schedules for assigned tasks
- Maintains and increases technical competence in his/her field
- Assists others in his/her section to increase their technical competence as the opportunity presents itself
- Prepares reports, technical memoranda, technical proposals, and notebooks
Ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Design of optical systems
- Setup, alignment, and testing of prototype systems
- Product development in the medical sector
- General engineering software tools such as MATLAB, Python, and LabView
- Regression models and machine learning for quantitative analysis
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
Requires a B. S. in Engineering and at least 8 years of experience or an M. S. Preferred fields: EE, Optics, Biomedical Optics, Physics Degree and at least 8 years of experience. Experience in design and development of medical instrumentation preferred.