Berkeley, United States
almost 2 years ago
Siemens Healthcare Laboratory (SHL) and Siemens Molecular Diagnostics headquarters are located in Berkeley, California.
Our vision at SHL is to save lives by rapidly moving new in vitro diagnostic technologies and assays into clinical use. Our mission within SHL R&D is to develop laboratory tests to support a new generation of therapies that will improve patient care in ways never before possible.
In order to achieve these goals, we utilize our decades of assay development experience and the unique resources available through our companion diagnostics development organization and global reference laboratory.
- The successful candidate for this Scientist 1 position working within Siemens Healthcare Laboratory R&D will report to a Sr. Scientist or higher in the department.
- This scientist will work on assay development including prototyping, optimization, performance verification, and validation of new assays or technologies.
- The work requires documentation and transfer of assays in either the clinical laboratory environment as Laboratory Developed Tests (LDT), or for manufacturing as In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in optimization of nucleic acid extraction protocols, as well as mammalian cell culture and sterile working techniques required.
- Working knowledge of immunoassays and molecular biology techniques are required.
- Experience working under design control, such as diagnostics industry and/or clinical laboratory is preferred.
- Knowledge in biomarker discovery, assay prototyping, performance optimization, and control system design is relevant.
- Documentation experience in a regulated healthcare environment is important.
- The successful candidate will have clear and understandable written and verbal technical communication.
- B.S. or advanced degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or related discipline is required.
- 2 to 3 years industry experience is preferred.