Houston, United States
over 1 year ago
The position is responsible for proposal activities focused on engineering consulting and software.
As part of the Sales and Marketing team, this position is responsible for the following:
- Coordinating the development of simple proposals for engineering services and software.
- Writing and distributing minutes of meetings and proposal status updates
- Tracking and following up on action items and owners for the proposal development process.
- Keeping all personnel involved in the proposal effort on schedule to ensure timely proposal delivery
- Managing review cycles for proposal drafts
- Editing, proofreading, and formatting proposal documents
- Ensuring compliance with internal guidelines and external RFPs, when applicable
- Entering data into CRM system.
- CRM administration tasks
- Generating reports from CRM tool
- Processing proposal review requests for administrative approvals around export control and sales to international customers
- Generating proposal numbers in SAP
- Handling invoicing/POs for proposal related tasks
- Assisting and tracking proposal related tasks for large RFP packages, i.e. compiling resumes
- Proofreading proposals
Qualifications Candidate must:
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet firm deadlines
- Have strong written/verbal communication skills, organization skills, and ability to prioritize and deal with ambiguity
- Have the ability to synthesize complex information into clear, concise documents
- Must be comfortable interacting with all kinds of personnel, including engineers, project managers, upper management, sales staff, and other key personnel
- Have strong skills in MS office applications, especially MS Word and Excel
- Have strong English language skills
The following experience is a plus, but not required:
- Prior experience developing proposals for engineering or consulting services or responding to structured RFP requests
- Prior experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and/or SAP
- Prior experience in an engineering or software environment
- Prior experience in oil & gas