Orlando, United States
almost 2 years ago
Risk and Internal Control (RIC) is an assurance function which reports to the executives of Siemens in the US. As an internal controls coordinator, you will be part of a dynamic team whose main objectives are to provide transparency to the executive management within the region over the effectiveness of its internal controls. While working in this department, you will have the unique opportunity to obtain a comprehensive overview on how a Fortune 500 international conglomerate manages its risks through internal controls. You will be fully responsible for the testing of design and operating effectiveness of internal controls across a division as well as other support functions. You will come in close contact with a wide range of processes, including but not limited to Accounting, Procurement, Sales, HR, Taxes, Legal, EHS, Quality Management, Project Management and other areas.
Key tasks include:
- Maintain and update testing procedures for independent assessors so that internal controls are properly understood by the assessors and that testing is conducted in an efficient and qualitative manner.
- Manage the entire assessment process end-to-end, including the scoping of controls to be tested, as well as the selection, training, guidance and monitoring of Independent Assessors.
- Ensure clear ownership in all control processes through strong communication and alignment skills.
- Prepare and documents well defined deficiency descriptions with a proper materiality calculation and root causes in order to allow for data and trend analysis within the region.
- Provide regular status updates on the status of all major milestones, including support of the department management for presentations to the executive management of Siemens in the US.