Berkeley, United States
11 months ago
Seeking a Scientist 2 to contribute as a key member of Siemens Healthineers Molecular Diagnostics R&D Business located in Berkeley, CA. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment. Contributions are expected at the individual level.
The Scientist 2 is responsible for the development and testing of a new sample prep strategy for downstream PCR.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS Degree in biology or biochemistry with 2+ years of industry or research experience OR MS Degree with 1+ years of industry or research experience.
- Experience with manual sample preparation protocols and workflow. Experience with bead-based extraction preferred but spin column-based extraction experience acceptable.
- Experience with running PCR assays
- Extensive pipetting skills
- Independently perform experimentation and analysis
- Ability to follow protocols and perform benchwork
- Experience in documenting and presenting scientific results
- Experience in Excel
- Understanding of experimental setup, design and controls
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with automated extraction and detection systems
- Experience in PCR assay development
- Experience with digital PCR
- Experience in JMP