Houston, United States
over 1 year ago
Role: Supplier Quality Engineer
Reporting to the Supplier Quality Manager were looking for Supplier Quality Engineer to work with both our existing supply base and to proactively develop this with new supply chain strategies.
- Ensures and improves the supplier quality within the Supply Chain (products and services). Implements SQM requirements regarding preventive actions, technical specifications and qualification of suppliers. Act as SQM contact in cross-functional teams.
- Supports a standardized supplier qualification process according to corporate guidelines
- Applies preventive quality methods aimed at risk minimization. Designs, maintains and improves specific Quality requirements, specification and concepts based on supplier categorization.
- Qualifies and approves suppliers, in cooperation with purchasing, and plans and executes Supplier Audits including follow up of audit measures.
- Coordinates product/service qualifications and approvals based on specific requirements / specification. Product and Process Qualification (Advanced Product Quality Planning)
- Creates and negotiates Quality Assurance agreements and monitors implementation in supplier processes.
- Drives performance and continuous improvement management and collaborates in supplier development programs.
- Implements complaints management to detect and analyze non-conformance and communicates with suppliers to supports sustainable problem solving.
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working
- Supplier Quality experience
- Proven track record of structured problem solving
- Understanding of manufacturing or service processes and the quality drivers, along with knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Practical experience of ISO9001 Management systems with a good understanding of ISO9001:2015, ISO14001, and ISO45001.
- Lead auditor qualified or working towards the qualification
- SAP experience preferable
3-5 yrs exp and diploma required