Roebuck, United States
about 1 year ago
Siemens Industry is looking for a Quality Engineer for their Spartanburg Plant. Analyzes production and quality trend data to identify and solve problems. Maintains sampling procedures/designs and systems for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data. Performs economic impact analyses, prepares reports of findings and carries out implementation and training assignments. Completes and maintains quality inspection programs for incoming, in-process, and final assembly material and product inspections. Conducts process/product audits to determine acceptability of quality process controls.
- Perform full range of standard work for the professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently. Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Manage Control Plans for product manufacturing process.
- Implement Quality Inspection Instructions specific to work area and product type in the manufacturing process.
- Ensure usage of the existing non-conformance reporting system for efficient non-conformance management.
- Document process/product non-conformities in the system, and follow-up on corrective actions. Verify, or participate in the verification of, implemented solutions.
- Lead the investigation of non-conformance reports using the 8D Problem Solving Methodology.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities related to product, processes, and quality system.
- Track and prepare reports for internal quality performance metrics.
- Participates in formulating quality standards, policies, programs, plans, procedures, and practices.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5-7 years Experience in Quality-related position in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field (preferably Electrical or Mechanical Engineering)
- High level of proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to interpret technical part drawings and specifications. [Note: Ability to interpret electrical controls and distribution wiring schematics is a plus.]
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with results driven approach.
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leads and coordinates with Mfg area supervisors and group leads to insure efficient production and quality.
- Performs and guides others in deploying and improving quality discipline and culture.
- Sets process metric goals in partnership with the Plant Manager and Leadership Team.
- Shares best practices across functional areas, affiliate locations, and/or various business units or locations.
- Continuously enhance and improve existing processes, products and methods.
- Mentor team members in order to facilitate their continued professional development and individual capabilities, while ensuring effective teamwork.
- Drive Continuous Improvement in quality performance through utilization of tools such as Capability Assessment, MSA/GRR, DMAIC, FMEA, SPC, 8D Methodology and Lean Manufacturing.
- Maintain and Analyze Key Performance Indicators and Cost of Quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Full working knowledge of Basic Quality Tools and applications.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Six-Sigma black belt a plus.
- Experience with sheet metal and busbar fabrication (shearing, stamping, forming, welding, tapping, painting and plating).
- Additional experience with electrical wiring standards, methods and testing a plus.
Direction of Others
In-direct supervision of 1-3 hourly Quality Inspectors.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.