Sacramento, United States
11 months ago
Siemens Mobility Inc., Rolling Stock Division produces light rail vehicles, electric and diesel locomotives, and passenger coaches. The Supplier Management Specialist 2 is a key member of the Order Management team and manages the critical and complex suppliers to ensure on time delivery of open purchase orders to support production demand. Responsibilities
- Ensure continuous supply of required and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Lead purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning, sourcing and engineering departments to solve complicated material supply issues
- Take ownership for PO dates in ERP and maintain system accuracy
- Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completion
- Review Open Order messages weekly and review with suppliers for accuracy
- Ensure availability of shipping reports from key suppliers, request air freight when necessary, and monitor the inbound tracking of critical supply
- Proactively manage suppliers where delivery dates are at risk by escalating within the supplier organization to identify and evaluate opportunities to improve deliveries.
- Provide various reports and metrics to monitor demand / supply / performance and own the supplier OTD metric
- Drive problem analysis and corrective action from scorecard and metrics reporting. Initiate improvement activities to streamline business processes for procurement function, and drive the documentation and implementation of enhanced business processes
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Co-ordinate and transact RTVs as required, returns to vendor for credit or repair
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Interpret internal / external business challenges and recommend best practices to improve products, processes or services
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in procurement / SCM in a manufacturing environment
- Associate degree in a related discipline - business, commercial, manufacturing, or engineering degree is preferred
- Proficient in SAP
- Proficient MS Excel skills. Well versed other MS Office products (Word, PP & Outlook).
- Experience in an engineer-to-order manufacturing environment
- Strong negotiating skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of procurement, inventory control, and process control.
- Results-orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Tenacious and assertive driver who escalates in supplier organization as well as internally
- Ability to understand, evaluate & monitor supplier capacity
- Analytical, numerically astute with proven problem solving abilities
- Strong written & oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to lead others to solve complex problems and use sophisticated analytical thinking to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- ISO 9000 experience. TS16949 and AS9100 a plus