Sacramento, United States
about 1 year ago
Siemens Mobility Inc., Rolling Stock Division produces light rail vehicles, electric and diesel locomotives, and passenger coaches. Buyer Planner 3 is a key member of the Order Management team and manages the critical and complex suppliers to ensure on time delivery of open purchase orders to support production demand. Responsibilities
- Ensure continuous supply of required materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completion
- Send Request for Quotes (RFQs)
- Place urgent purchase orders with suppliers
- Escalate the approval process for urgent order placement
- Review replenishment reports daily
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, delivery or invoice issues
- Communicate with various departments to resolve demand requirements
- Lead purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning, sourcing and engineering departments to solve complicated material supply issues
- Communicate between departments for allocation of excess materials to projects
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Interpret internal / external business challenges and recommend best practices to improve products, processes or services
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in procurement / SCM in a manufacturing environment
- Associate degree in a related discipline - business, manufacturing, or engineering degree is preferred
- Proficient in MRP tools such as JDE or SAP
- Proficient MS Excel skills. Well versed other MS Office products (Word, PP & Outlook).
- Experience in an engineer-to-order manufacturing environment
- Strong negotiating skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of procurement, inventory control, and process control.
- Results-orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Tenacious and assertive driver who escalates in supplier organization as well as internally
- Ability to understand, evaluate & monitor supplier capacity
- Analytical, numerically astute with proven problem solving abilities
- Strong written & oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to lead others to solve complex problems and use sophisticated analytical thinking to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- ISO 9000 experience. TS16949 and AS9100 a plus