Leads the delivery of a complex project. Maintains a tactical focus. Sets clear objectives and defined deliverables. Develops cost benefit analyses for the project, communicates to an executive committee, creates and reports project status utilizing a dashboard, allocates resources, defines project governance policies and manages the financial concerns. Utilizes and effectively communicates technical components of an initiative to applicable parties. Ability to lead a cross-functional team while motivating team members to their highest potential. Requires excellent oral and written communication skills as well as business presentation skills. Excellent analytical skills. Interfaces effectively with all levels and across organizational lines, including the business units. Effectively utilizes external vendors and internal resources. Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines. Experience Level: 2+ years of experience required. Education: BA/BS Degree or 4 years of additional experience required. Audit Project Manager
Performs and participates in planning various and diverse operational and financial audits, reviews and special projects.
* Leads the field execution of diverse audits, reviews, and special projects. Drives the audit planning process by identifying key risks and assessment of project scope alternatives to identify an appropriate testing approach.
* Leads the planning, scheduling, and field supervision of assigned audit projects. Ensures projects are moving forward by working effectively with client and IAS management.
* Efficiently and effectively leads the audit team to successful project completion.
* Identifies, suggests, and helps implement new/improved audit approaches, tools, and techniques.
* Ensures that all work-papers prepared as part of the audit engagement include sufficient evidence to support audit conclusions, and meet IIA Standards/IAS policies.
* Professionally communicates scope, purpose, and conclusions both verbally and in writing.
* Actively coach staff and deliver feedback throughout the audit engagement.
* Support development of the assigned practice area by actively contributing perspective to the team's priorities and risk assessments, identifying areas where further research and development would be value-added, creating audit tools, establishing client relationships, and identifying and sharing relevant information.
* Minimum five (5) years of auditing or comparable experience required; to include increasing levels of internal project management experience.
* Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, information systems or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
* Demonstrated ability to plan, supervise & perform integrated audits and data analysis, and effectively utilize general audit software such as ACL, AutoAudit, etc.
* Demonstrated project management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to build & lead a cohesive audit team, and mentor audit staff.
* Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with middle management.
* Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).