Norwood, United States
2 months ago
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to lead and coach a Scrum team leveraging the Agile methodology. At Siemens, Scrum Masters are servant leaders and coaches for an Agile/Scrum team. They help educate the team in Agile methodology scrum, Kanban and other Lean-agile practices, ensuring that the agreed Agile process is being followed. They also help remove impediments, and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement design - by defining and integrating standards, patterns, tools, and techniques within the platform and between the platform and consuming systems/applications.
Essential Functions Of The Job
- Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership. Exhibits the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile mindset.
- Facilitates the teams progress by conducting the agile ceremonies including impediment & blocker removal toward the goal.
- The Scrum Master is trained as a team facilitator and is constantly engaged in challenging the old norms of waterfall delivery models, while keeping the team focused on the goals of the Iteration.
- Helps the team achieve in areas including quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. Helps the team focus on daily and Iteration Goals in the context of team objectives.
- Leads the teams efforts in relentless improvement.
- Supports the Product Owner.
- Builds a high-performing team. Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance.
- Communicates with management and outside stakeholders. Helps protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work.
- Promote Continuous Delivery and other technical practices.
- The Scrum Master helps coordinate inter-team cooperation.
- Identifies high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints and implements approved actions and workarounds to minimize the impact of risks on the project.
- Communicate any development or resourcing roadblocks to leadership and facilitate resolution.
- Creates/implements solutions to obstacles/challenges throughout the course of the project.
- Facilitates solutions across projects, leveraging experiences and lessons learned.
- Develops and maintains relationships with stakeholders
- Improves team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation among the team.
- Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate business skills with the ability to effectively negotiate priorities across multiple groups/teams.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities
- Strong team player, able to work effectively as part of cross-functional and distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Effective analytical skills to grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems, issues and solutions.
- Excellent communicational skills (stakeholder management, negotiation, facilitation, influencing) including strong skills in active listening to improve team effectiveness and performance.
- Dedication to meet project deadlines in a timely manner.
- Able to operate independently and adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions.
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution.
Knowledge And Skills Requirements
- Experienced in leading Scrum Teams leveraging Agile methodology.
- Seasoned project management knowledge is required to lead projects. Mastery of the project management methodology is essential
- The ability to write and speak clearly is fundamental to the positions lead role in managing projects of considerable complexity across functions and geographies.
- Facilitation skills are required to lead meetings and guide participants toward a meeting's objectives. Influencing skills are essential to obtain results from various project team members who may have other priorities and deadlines.
- Experience managing cross-functional disciplines of development, test and operational roles.
- Exposure to project management principles and methodology.
- Experience with agile project management methodologies
- Leading and coaching teams in Scrum adoption (SAFE and some other varieties).
- Plans Scrum implementations within the organization.
- Facilitates Scrum events as requested or needed such as Quarterly Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Demos and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Facilitate daily Scrum activities and metrics such as Stand-Ups, updates to burn-down spreadsheets and charts, velocity and backlog reviews.
- Remove roadblocks reported by the team, which could require cross-team collaboration and or escalation, possibly up to executive leadership.
- Communicate and work directly with the Product Owner to consistently maintain the product backlog and handle changes both to the product backlog, executing sprint and prioritizing the backlog to generate higher business value.
- Experience managing vendors and service providers in order to meet business and company goals.
- Experience with managing teams, onshore, remote and offshore teams to work towards development best practices.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage priorities. Ability to juggle multiple projects, demands, and reprioritize as necessary to align with changing business objectives.
- A bachelor's degree (engineering preferred) or equivalent work experience. Master's degree preferred
- 5-10 years of experience working under agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- 3-4 years working as Scrum Master.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills in English to interact with the business in a clear and effective manner.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience. Management experience a plus.
- Experience in working with virtual teams
- Agile methodologies Certification (eg SAFe, SCRUM, other)
- Project management certification like PMP, PMI-ACP
- Scrum Master Certification, PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner, or SAFe Practitioner
- Project management like Team Foundation Server/Jira or related.
- Virtual & collaboration such as SharePoint/confluence/virtual boards/etc.
- Experience with agile PLM tools like JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, etc.