Norwood, United States
about 1 year ago
We are looking for a Project Manager (PM) to support and ensure Agile project teams achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering products that provide exceptional business value to our customers. The PM is passionate, a change agent whos demonstrated success in leading an Agile transformation in a complex environment. Additionally, this role requires strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands. The PM is responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using Agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business and operational areas and is dedicated to leading Scrum Teams.
Key Responsibilities: Team Facilitation
- Lead and develop high performing Agile teams. Hold teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the big picture view. Capable of improvising, adapting, and overcoming when obstacles materialize.
Product Owner Support
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance. Support product owner on other duties as periodically assigned.
- Coach members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the scrum team.
Project Planning and Management
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Create and monitor project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner. Project tracking and reporting project progress, creating and presenting project updates and status to management.
Process Management and Improvement
- Use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical projects ensuring the right balance of agility and predictability.
- Ensure tools, processes and operations of agile delivery teams align with the organizations procedures and policies (product development process, quality systems and other applicable functional procedures).
Required Experience, Knowledge and Expertise:
- BS/BA in related discipline required. Project management certification a plus
- First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM, PSM I, PMI-ACP) and a solid understanding of agile methodologies.
- 2-5 years total business experience (program/project management), with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the role of a Scrum Master role applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Deep knowledge of Agile R&D workflow, approaches and techniques is a must have.
- Healthcare sector experience working in an FDA regulated industry (e.g., Medical devices, Pharma, etc.) preferred.
- Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Extensive knowledge of project management competencies and tools. Excellent communication and presentation skills.