Rothschild, United States
5 months ago
The Expeditor will report to the Manager of Project Management and will be responsible to ensure that all services, material, equipment and vendor documentation are shipped by the vendors as required by the purchase orders. Work closely with the Master Planner/Scheduler to proactively remind critical path vendors of PO/Contract delivery commitments.
- Be involved in project planning phase to create an Expediting Plan. Plan should include frequency, mode of communication and escalation paths with suppliers. Plan to also include internal communication plan with Project Management Team, Supply Chain Management Team and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure proper expediting language is included in supplier RFQs to allow for consistent communication, supplier reporting and inspection as required by the Expediting Plan and set supplier expectations.
- Develop and maintain expediting reports.
- Interface between the project team and vendors on schedule for delivery for equipment, materials, and vendor documentation.
- Maintain regularly scheduled contact with vendors to assure meeting scheduled deliveries.
- Able to learn vendors process for creating deliverables and scope in order to quickly identify deviations between suppliers commitments and actions.
- Maintain contact with engineering and construction representatives to identify and react to any changes in required deliveries.
- Expedite vendors return of signed seller's acceptance (vendor acknowledgement copy of order).
- Expedite receipt of vendor and subcontractor drawings.
- Monitor vendor data return status and notify the project team of potential problems
- Expedite equipment and materials to ensure deliveries are in accordance with the construction required on site date(s).
- Expedite and report the progress of vendor's procurement activities, shop schedule and shipping promise (frequency of contact and level of expediting effort depend on construction required dates and vendor's performance).
- Immediately notify Project Manager and Supply Chain Management of all changes in equipment and material shipments.
- Assist and coordinate with the Buyer on overages, shortages, change-orders and damage claims.
- Interface with Engineering to receive technical support during the manufacture and delivery of material.
- Interface with Fabrication or Construction to coordinate delivery of material to the jobsite, in accordance with the construction schedule.
- Participate in Supplier Evaluation and provide supplier execution feedback and/or supplier corrective actions for improvement to Supply Chain Management.
- Develop and continuously improve Expediting execution models and effort calculations for pre-Sales/Bids.
- 5-10 years if experience in Project Management, Engineering, Quality or Materials Management activities
- Strong organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of engineered equipment and materials
- Knowledge of computer systems in an engineering environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma and/or Associate Degree
- Bachelors preferred
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
- Business and people acumen