Performs general filing duties including sorting and filing materials, correspondence, records, business forms or other materials according to an alpha, numeric, date, subject or color-coded system. Scans documents or prepares documents for scanning. Ability to use basic office equipment: photocopy machine, facsimile machine, binding machine, etc. Work environment can be an office or a medical facility. Education: Associate's degree or formal training in basic medical records science preferred.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
Manage records request intake via mail, walk-in window and inbound phone calls, reviews records requests from 3rd parties and patients, performs variety of clerical duties related to processing of medical records.
Top (3) Required Skills Candidate Should Have:
Ability to Multi-task, Detail-oriented, Proficient in Electronic Health Record (EPIC preferred), MS Office suite, and Internet-based applications. Basic Medical Terminology knowledge and experience in Medical Office setting.
Additional Skills Preferred
Strong Customer Service Skills (in-person & phone), ability to be flexible. Daily duties will be adjusted as needed per daily operational need.
Top 3-5 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Manage records request intake via mail, walk-in window and inbound phone calls
2. Reviews records requests from 3rd parties and patients
3. Performs variety of clerical duties related to processing of medical records.
Top 3-5 Required Skills:
1. Proficient in use of an Electronic Health Record (EPIC preferred).
2. Basic Medical Terminology knowledge and Basic Medical Records Science per HIPAA.
3. Proficient MS Office suite and knowledge of medical office clerical duties.
1. Experience in EPIC Electronic Health Record
1. Ability to deliver strong, customer service skills to a diverse set of requestors and diffuse challenging requestor concerns.
2. Able to interact with multi-disciplinary teams internally and externally (e.g. Clinic Staff, Regulatory Agencies, Physicians and other Allied Health Care Professionals)
3. Basic knowledge of Emotional Intelligence and Situational Awareness