Phoenix, United States
10 months ago
- Place the patient first in all you do to make each patient interaction a positive experience.
- Provide each patient with an exceptional customer experience by greeting them with a warm welcome and smile as they enter the healthcare setting. Maintain eye contact.
- Introduce yourself and role to the patient/customer with whom you are interacting.
- Maintain a professional appearance of self and the workplace at all times.
- Communicate with patients promptly and efficiently using words the patient understands; keep the patient informed of delays in service and/or clinician wait times.
- Provides immediate service recovery and work to exceed patient/customer expectations surrounding resolution of concerns.
- Anticipate patients stated and unstated needs. Talk with them in depth so you understand what the patient truly needs. Provides explanations and support to meet those needs.
- Consistently keep personal conversations private and out of the work environment.
- Patient information is consistently maintained in a private and secure manner, complying with HIPAA Guidelines at all times.
- Consistently thanks the patient for allowing Cigna Medical Group to provide their healthcare and ask if there is anything else we can do for them during their visit.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions.
- Answer telephone in compliance with departmental procedures and quality metrics. Ascertains nature of call and routes appropriately and ensures the call is responded to promptly. To consistently maintain quality of patient care, obtains detailed information in messages and documents in the E.H.R.
- Schedules appointments accurately and politely verifies benefit coverage. Meets patients needs by asking questions to determine the best scheduling solution. If necessary, speaks with clinician to ensure timely access.
- Performs technical duties according to departmental standards, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrates a positive customer service approach in all internal and external customer experiences.
- Improves the customer experience through the demonstration of Service and Courtesy Behaviors and focus on Patient Satisfaction.
- NOTE: The above is not intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be and exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbents immediate supervisor.
Under supervision, coordinates appointments, handles multiple phone calls, and reschedule/confirm appointments. May schedule and follow up on phases of a surgery procedure and/or specialty referral appointments. Provides exceptional customer service and maintains patient confidentiality. The Medical Administrative Representative demonstrates skill in use of computers, possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, and behavior is professional at all times.
Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments; physicians, patients, families as well as external contacts, such as employees of other healthcare institutions community providers and agencies concerning the healthcare of the patient. Interacts with other healthcare providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information.
Incumbents work in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service.