Issaquah, United States
about 1 year ago
Contractor Mechanical Design Engineer, Mid-Level
Siemens is the market leader for the 2D and 3D ICE catheters in EP and Interventional Cardiology space. The business is seeking an individual to join an engineering design team responsible for developing ICE Catheters and the interface cables that connect them to ultrasound systems.
The successful candidate will work in a dynamic environment as part of a R&D team developing ultrasound catheters, interface cables, and associated assembly and tooling. Responsibilities include:
- Technical responsibility for designing electromechanical cables and connectors according to product requirements for usability, reliability, cleaning, and other factors.
- Mechanical modeling in 3D CAD (CREO Parametric and AutoCAD preferred)
- Working with suppliers to design for manufacturability
- Organizing the building and testing of prototypes
- Creating and updating drawings for ECO release
- Preparing design specifications, analyses and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- Performing root cause analysis and corrective action for mechanical failures
- Writing Design Verification Plans, Protocols, and Reports, and assisting with the execution of the verification testing
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering decipline; MS preferred
- 5+ years experience in mechanical engineering or related field
- Proven ability to create mechanical models in 3D CAD (CREO Parametric and AutoCAD preferred) for complex medical products and tools
- Experience in the medical device industry developing Class III Medical Devices highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of plastics, extrusion process and parts, injection molded, and over molded parts prefered
- Experience in developing electromechanical devices, tolerance stack up, and usability / human factor desired
- Experience writing verification plans, protocols, conducting verification testing, and compiling reports preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Six Sigma prferred