Mount Olive, United States
about 1 year ago
Are you a seasoned problem solver looking to join a fast paced medical device manufacturer? Do you love being part of a dynamic manufacturing organization with a continuous improvement focus? We are looking to hire an engineer who is self-motivated, disciplined, and drives solutions to the most complex manufacturing issues in a team based environment.
- The product engineer is responsible for working with suppliers to develop and optimize tooling and manufacturing processes
- Maintain detailed and comprehensive records of all inventive ideas, designs, and very complex improvements, subsequently driving their implementation.
- Improve productivity by generating cost savings ideas, implementing improvement projects, and realizing/monitoring savings.
- Drives review of results and application of root cause analysis tools to determine that products perform in the intended manner.
- Develop and maintain an active list of manufacturing tooling and activities required to ensure consistent production quality and volume
- Works directly with suppliers to implement product stability and cost savings activities.
- Collaborate closely with Procurement to coordinate Early Supplier Involvement and input into design to achieve manufacturability and target cost
- Work with Quality, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics, Testers to ensure product readiness for volume production
- Achieve on time delivery of key milestone
- Collaborate with related business partners
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Engineering Field
- 10-15 Years experience in Medical Device Development or Manufacturing
- Experience with various plastic molding operations
- Technical knowledge of the design and construction of plastic injection molds, blow molds, structural foam molds, compression molds, thermoforming tools, and other manufacturing process tooling, jigs, and fixtures
- Provide input for molded part DFM reviews and for resolving production issues
- Experience with tools and principles to maximize the effective manufacture of high quality goods such as Design To Cost, Early Supplier Involvement, Design For Manufacturing and Assembly
- Medical Device, or other FDA regulated field
- 10% Travel