Painted Post, United States
4 months ago
Position Overview A successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day support of the manufacturing process at the reciprocating compressor plant in Painted Post, NY. They will determine optimal manufacturing steps and estimate processing times required to produce parts and assemblies. They will do this by:
- Designing fixtures, jigs, and tooling required to manufacture and test product components.
- Developing, implementing, and tracking continuous improvement / cost reduction projects.
- Supporting the Manufacturing Engineering group in document improvements to manufacturing efficiencies, track time, floor space utilization, and overhead.
- Evaluating existing machinery and processes to recommend improvements.
This candidate will be a part of the Manufacturing Engineering group and will report to the Head of Manufacturing Engineering. Responsibilities
- Create and maintain CNC programs, tooling and supporting machine setup information
- Develop and improve process plans, labor estimates and work standards
- Demonstrate a commitment to meeting scheduled release dates.
- Provide shop floor personnel with manufacturing assistance and expertise through regular contact with supervision and operators.
- Identifies and implements improvements to the process which reduce cost and improve product quality and competitive position.
- Maintains a current knowledge on CNC capabilities, tooling, process planning and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) technology
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High Diploma or Equivalent and/or Associates degree in Manufacturing Technology or 1-3 years of machining experience
- 1-3 years of manufacturing experience
- 1-3 years CAD/CAM experience with Siemens NX (Unigraphics) or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering
- Experience in CNC post-processor development
- Previous work experience in power generation manufacturing
- Tooling/fixturing design experience
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing experience
- Prior knowledge of Siemens applications, customers, processes, and products