Charlotte, United States
12 months ago
This position is for a Manufacturing/Quality Engineer in the Charlotte Combustion Hot Gas Parts Manufacturing organization. The successful candidate will be working with a team of manufacturing, quality, and design engineers, as well as interfacing with shop floor personnel, to develop and create robust manufacturing processes to introduce new products into the Charlotte factory.
The successful candidate will be supporting the development and introduction of new products into the Combustion area of the Charlotte Gas Turbine factory. Additionally, the position requires the ability to work with a team of manufacturing and quality engineers in developing and qualifying robust processes in a production environment. The position requires the candidate to have the ability to develop and document standard processes and instruct and train shop floor personnel on the use of the fixtures, tooling, and equipment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of Siemens NX, Teamcenter and SAP preferred.
- Ability to interpret complex drawings and specifications, including a solid understanding of GD&T.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Record keeping of tests and changes for qualifications and approval process.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Ni based alloy forming and fabrication (welding and brazing).
- Thermal barrier coatings.
- Conventional and non-conventional machining.
- Basic statistics.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Project management.
- Root Cause and Preventive Action methods.