Norwood, United States
27 days ago
This laboratory technician position will provide support for current R&D efforts.
Specific duties include:
- Performing hands-on lab work in the areas of blood preparation and testing, screen printing metal inks, dispensing aqueous and organic based solutions, and testing of material compatibility with polymeric substrates.
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the technical and operating staff involved
- Supporting the conversion of small-scale R&D processes into commercially viable large-scale operations
- Willingness to work with biological samples. Hands-on chemistry is a plus.
- Driving design related quality improvements, cost improvements, and capability/yield improvements
BS/MS in Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent; 3-5+ years experience in the manufacture of medical devices or consumer product process engineering; proficiency with MS Office, LabView, MiniTab, Solidworks or AutoCAD program; strong written and oral communication skills; knowledge of ISO (International Organization for Standardization) regulations is preferred. Demonstrated ability to apply statistical analysis tools such as Student's T-tests, ANOVA and DOE to analyze variance and optimize processes, when appropriate, is desirable. Experience with screen printing, adhesive dispensing, curing and working with low temperature inks and polymeric substrates is a plus.