Norwood, United States
5 months ago
This candidate will provide testing and support for Research & Development efforts.
Specific duties include:
- Performing hands-on lab work in the areas of blood handling; assembling components; and testing on prototype equipment.
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and communicating details of measurement data to the technical and operating staff involved
- Preparing test solutions
- Performing inventory management and safety inspections
Highly Desired Skills: 1) direct experience in blood handling / blood dilutions / spiking blood 2) excellent analytical capability and experience using tools such as Excel and MiniTab to evaluate data (3) Familiar with GDP and following scientific protocols with minimal supervision 4) good equipment troubleshooting and mechanical skills, 5) Excellent written and oral communication skills 6) basic chemistry foundation re: calculating and preparing stock solutions, pipetting, weighing 7)Ability to perform physically demanding work such as repetitive arm movements, lifting equipment, and standing for long periods of time, 6) safety oriented and exceptional organizational skills; and 7) BS in related scientific field
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as sampling, testing, and measuring using specialized equipment* Performs periodic equipment inspections and preventative maintenance work.
- Participates in revisions and collaborates with scientists to draft new testing protocols
- Prepares measurement and test equipment (e.g. instrumentation and functionality tests).