Norwood, United States
over 1 year ago
This candidate will provide testing and support for Research & Development efforts.
Specific duties include:
- Performing hands-on lab work in the areas of blood handling; assembling components; and testing on prototype equipment.
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the technical and operating staff involved
- Preparing test solutions
- Performing inventory management and safety inspections
Highly Desired Skills: 1) direct experience in blood handling / blood dilutions / spiking blood 2) excellent analytical capability with experience using tools such as Excel and MiniTab to evaluate data (aptitude/interest in performing data analyses; demonstrated ability to apply statistical analysis tools such as Student's T-tests, ANOVA and DOE to analyze variance and optimize processes) 3) experience with technical report writing, 4) good equipment troubleshooting and mechanical skills, 5) basic chemistry foundation re: calculating and preparing stock solutions, 6) safety oriented and exceptional organizational skills; and 7) BS in related scientific field
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as sampling, testing, and measuring using specialized equipment.* Completes the compiling, analyzing, and interpreting of results.
- Performs periodic equipment inspections and preventative maintenance work.
- Troubleshoots test processes.
- Calculates as well as prepares graphs and charts.
- Prepares measurement and test equipment (e.g. instrumentation and functionality tests).
Participates in operating and making semi-complex adjustments to lab equipment and instruments. Participates in recording semi-complex test results and observations on standardized forms. Supports compiling, analyzing, and interpreting of results. Provides support in periodic semi-complex inspections of equipment and performs semi-complex preventative maintenance work. Participates in troubleshooting semi-complex test processes. Participates in making semi-complex calculations as well as preparing graphs and charts.