Title: Senior Internal Auditor (Contractor)
This role will assist Internal Audit Services with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in evaluating the design and effectiveness of SOX controls in various areas/departments within an organization. The role may expand to assist Internal Audit Services with audits or other projects.
Major Responsibilities - SOX:
* Perform testing of managements internal controls in accordance with SOX requirements. This includes:
o Working with management to ensure all necessary supporting documentation is received.
o Resolve challenges to ensure efficient and effective completion of testing.
o Interpreting and analyzing situations and information based on established SOX concepts and general guidelines.
o Document organized and detailed workpapers to support testing performed (e.g. narratives and flowcharts).
o Assess and opine on the design and operating effectiveness of SOX controls including identification, articulation, documentation, and discussing issues with management.
Major Responsibilities - Audits:
* Contribute to the audit planning process; assist in the development of audit objectives and detailed test procedures that effectively address key controls and risks.
* Develop work papers that address the objectives of the audit program and support the conclusions reached during testing. Adhere to the IIA Standards and IAS guidelines for workpaper documentation.
* Assess business systems/processes to identify key control points and risks. Document using narrative and/or flowcharting techniques.
* Draft audit conclusions, discuss potential issues with clients, and prepare and deliver other summary communication documents as required.
* With supervision, successfully execute all phases of the audit process for moderately complex projects.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Develops solutions to complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies when making decisions.
* Assesses information to identify the best solution from existing alternatives.
* Requires in-depth analysis to develop solutions for complex problems.
* Interacts regularly with various Regional management, Internal Audit management & staff, & external auditors & consultants.
* Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
* Conducts assigned audit projects independently &/or with team members.
* Typically less than 5 years of professional auditing or comparable experience required.
* Demonstrated knowledge, skills & experience in applying the principles & practices of internal auditing in accounting, financial & operational environments, including auditing business functions & information technology systems.
* Demonstrated general accounting, financial & business skills, knowledge, & experience.
* Demonstrated skills in the identification & resolution of business problems within a team setting. Ability to research & identify best practices.
* Demonstrated ability to understand & document business processes & related internal controls in narrative &/or flowchart formats.
* Basic project management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changing demands & environment, & rapidly develop in-depth knowledge of new audit areas.
* Excellent verbal & written communication & presentation skills. Ability to persuade, articulate & defend positions.
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
* Develops knowledge of KP, the healthcare and insurance industry and department goals.
* Builds trust with key personnel at all levels of the organization by consistently demonstrating direct, honest behavior.
* Sets the tone for ethical behavior, actively models ethical behavior to set an example for others.
* Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of complex and judgmental ethical areas/issues.
* Identifies ethical issues and discusses them in a timely and constructive manner to obtain a rapid and effective resolution.
* Does not tolerate a breach of ethics in others.
* Recognizes conflicts of interest and other situations that may cause harm to KP even if not in a documented code - and addresses them in an appropriate manner.
Bachelors degree in business, accounting, finance, information systems or related field or equivalent experience required.
Highly Recommended 1 of following certifications (or actively pursuing 1 of these):
* Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
* Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) Top Daily Responsibilities: Perform testing of managements internal controls in accordance with SOX requirements.
Top (3) Required Skills Candidate Should Have: Extensive SOX testing
Be able to work independently and complete follow-up on open items/issues
Document organized and detailed workpapers to support testing performed (e.g. narratives and flowcharts)