SDET/QA Engineer Tester
Designs, develops and executes high level test plans and detailed test scripts to ensure complex software on multiple platforms and in multiple environments meets business and technical specifications. Schedules and monitors script execution by business users and lower level temporary contracted testers to ensure accurate and complete testing outcomes.
* Develops expertise in business and technical functionality of systems and applications supported by the enterprise. Consults with and provides detailed knowledge of quality assurance and testing to provide guidance to key customer groups who use, support or purchase enterprise systems or applications.
* Conducts analysis of client business process and functional requirements to develop comprehensive, detailed test plans for projects on multiple platforms and in multiple environments. Identifies resources needed to prepare test data and execute test scripts; executes manual and automated test scripts for functional, integration and regression testing and production validation. Analyzes anomalies and test results, prepares reports, and confers with project team members to identify performance bottlenecks. Provides clear and concise defect reports, and assesses risks and reports to project team.
* Participates on project teams with business users and technical team members. Consults with, provides technical guidance and represents quality assurance and testing to key customer groups who use or support users of enterprise systems or applications. Provides guidance during the creation of business requirements, application workflow and subsequent phases throughout the project. May act as a liaison between technical groups and business users to obtain user acceptance testing sign-off.
* Provides training and/or mentoring other testers when creating automation scripts and/or execution of manual testing by lower level testers and business users. Mentors QA Analysts in writing and executing less complex automated regression scripts. May assist with troubleshooting production problems.
* Develops and executes automated tests for Enterprise systems and applications using Enterprise tools. Develops suites of regression test scripts for execution by QA and business users. Consults with programmers and system architects to understand the multiple platforms and multiple environments being tested and incorporates test driven development to accommodate automation. Writes simple to highly complex automated test scripts. Conducts analysis of client business process and functional requirements to develop detailed automated test scripts for complex projects on multiple platforms and in multiple environments.
* Minimum four (4) years of experience in software development including minimum two (2) years of experience in testing or business process analysis.
* Bachelor's degree OR a minimum four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
* High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) is required.
License, Certification, Registration
* In depth knowledge of the software development cycle and business process development.
* In depth knowledge of QA testing principles and strategies.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet schedule deadlines.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Four (4) years of experience testing web applications in a healthcare or insurance industry.
Primary Location: Washington, Renton, Administration - Rainier 2715 Naches Ave. (No Value)