Bee Caves, United States
5 months ago
Siemens is looking for a motivated, support-oriented, and amicable candidate. This role provides remote diagnostics, and troubleshooting assistance over the phone for our field technicians and/or customer dispatched technicians working out of our Austin, TX office. Additionally, provides remote technical support for end-users at locations with installed Energy Management Systems. Typical work hours are between 7AM and 7PM however candidate must be able to work second shift and weekends when required. Additionally, there is an on-call rotation split between all team members. This individual will report to the Technical Operations Supervisor and will have no direct reports.
This position is responsible for technical analysis and troubleshooting of our EMS (energy management system), validation and configuration of new installations, supporting our clients third party vendors, and ensuring persistent connectivity to remote servers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma and 3 years of technical customer service.
- Proper phone etiquette;
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately;
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar;
- Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment;
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
- Effective listening skills;
- Multi-tasking capabilities;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of ones actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience with Linux or other command line interfaces.
- Bachelors degree or 2 years technical support experience.
- Electrical/HVAC Energy Management Systems experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.