Alafaya, United States
about 1 year ago
Specific Requirements: This is a temporary part time position for a current College Student enrolled in a full-time time 4 year degree program or Masters Degree Program focused in Computer Science/Information Technology or Engineering.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Siemens Global ERP- Information Technologies Group has an immediate need for an IT COOP - Orlando GP IT SCM Support onsite in Orlando Florida.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting customers with system access requests
- Handling engineering document requests
- Performing Daily Checks of system functions to proactively resolve issues
- Performing Monthly system checks to keep multiple systems in-sync
- Trouble-shooting of reported customer issues to determine root cause & resolution
- Creation of test plan, data and test results documentation as well as performing application tests
- Performing various IT project related tasks
- Updating system and support Documentation
This position allows for the learning and development in the following areas:
- Hands-on learning of PLM functions on SAP
- Knowledge of Engineering business processes and data
- Knowledge of data quality assurance and testing techniques.
- Application Troubleshooting.
- Customer support and communication
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School graduate
- Full-time student currently enrolled in a 4 year college pursuing a degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or Engineering (Sophomore or Junior preferred)
- Current GPA of 3.0 or higher.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving
- Strong communication skills - oral and written; able to clearly and concisely express information (or data) to non-technical customers as well as peers and management.
- Strong aptitude or interest in engineering business process
- Aptitude to learn and work with an SAP ERP system.
- Strong Microsoft Windows suite knowledge (Excel, Visio, PPT, Word etc...).
- Ability to prioritize and multitask - flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for projects or assignments.
- Ability to work approximately 20 hours per week (Mon-Fri daytime) while attending school
Local candidates are preferred for this position.